Eligible applicants must have their seats or a regional/local branch or institutions located in the eligible Programme area, i.e. Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Hajdú-Bihar, Békés and Csongrád-Csanád counties in Hungary, and Satu Mare, Bihor, Arad and Timiş counties in Romania.
Exceptions are also possible – in the case of public entities not having their legal seat in the eligible area, but having legal competencies for implementing operations in the Programme area.
- Local and county governments / administrations and their institutions
- National ministries and their specialized institutions, regional offices
- National/Natural Parks administrations
- Environmental protection institutions
- Higher education institutions, research institutions
- Non-governmental organisation
- Microregional associations
- Management organisations of Euroregions
- Museums, libraries, theatres
- Offices of Cultural Heritage
- Chambers of commerce
- European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC)
- National organizations responsible for transport infrastructure development