The CBN|ROHU72 project aims to improve the institutional cross-border cooperation network, increase interoperability, and preventive and mitigating capacity in emergency situations by addressing specific risks, ensuring resilience, and developing disaster management systems.
To achieve such objectives, 5 institutions from 3 counties have joined forces within the project’s partnership, having a total budget of € 2,682,782.50, of which ERDF co-financing is € 2,280,365.12.
During the 55 months of project implementation (May 2019 - November 2023), the partners will contribute to the quality of common risks management by increasing the intervention capacity (specific objective 1), increasing the preparedness of institutions, citizens, professionals, and volunteers for a common approach to different types of risk (specific objective 2) and improving disaster resilience capacity in the cross-border area (specific objective 3).
The efficient collaboration between the five partners, the Inter-Community Development Association for Emergency Situations Management (Lead beneficiary), the Administrative-Territorial Unit of Arad County (PP2), the Administrative-Territorial Unit of Timis County (PP3), the DKMT Euroregional Development Agency (PP4) and the Volunteer Firefighter Association of Mórahalom (PP5), resulted in the completion of most of the activities foreseen in the project, thus enabling the following results:
- specific intervention equipment purchased: 1 intervention vehicle (LB - ADIVEST), 3 emergency ambulances (type B2) and 1 firefighting vehicle with water and foam (PP2 - Arad County TAU), respectively 3 complex intervention vehicles (PP3 - Timiș County TAU);
- medical equipment purchased following the modification of the project in response to the health crisis caused by COVID-19: 19 intensive care beds; 50 injectomats; 35 infusomats, 2 portable ventilators; 8 vital signs monitor; 3 central monitoring stations; 5 portable monitors; 2 stretchers for economical patient transport; 2 premium stretchers for patient transport; 2 defibrillators; 1 set for secretion aspiration and intubation; 1 portable EKG; 25 infusion stands; 2 medical cabinets;
- 2 joint tactical exercises organised: one 1-day exercise in Nădlac (summary video here) and one 3-day exercise in Periam (summary video here);
- 2 joint training organised for professionals and volunteers from the emergency services on the following topics: train and car accident interventions, and intervention management (both held in Timișoara, 5-days each);
- a Risk Management Strategy for improving disaster resilience in the cross-border area developed and a series of workshops organised for different structures in Arad, Timiș and Csongrád-Csanád counties, involved in disaster management: police, water resources management, ambulance services, public health and epidemiology, environmental protection, management of emergency situations (PP4-DKMT);
By the end of the project, partners are going to implement the following activities:
- purchase of equipment: 1 bus (33 seats) with a trailer for the transport of personnel to the intervention’s location (PP2 - Arad County TAU), 1 special transport vehicle for contagious patients and multiple victims (PP3 - Timiș County TAU) and 1 universal vehicle with specific accessories for providing multifunctional support in disaster management missions (PP5 - Mórahalom Volunteer Firefighters Association);
- development of curriculum (2) for students/children with special needs in the field of emergency situations and organization of online training for teachers in the framework of the curriculum created;
- organising 2 online competitions and a camp (in physical format) for children, on emergency situations;
- organisation of a 2-day seminar and practical activities in Mórahalom for firefighter units.
- organisation of a study tour in Romania (1 day in Arad county, 1 day in Timiș county) for testing and analysing the new equipment purchased within the project.
- organisation of awareness/preparedness-raising campaigns for the population/youth, especially in terms of behaviour in case of emergency.
The financial progress of the project, as of 01.03.2023 was € 1,928, 320.58.
At the end of the implementation period, as a result of the actions carried out within ROHU-72 project, 770,906 people in the 3 partner counties will benefit from increased protection in case of emergency situations.