The European Commission approved on the 7th of March 2019 the modification of the Interreg V-A Romania-Hungary Programme.
Following the launching of all available funds and on the basis of a detailed analysis carried out with external expertise, on the 10th of August 2018, the Managing Authority initiated a modification request of the Cooperation Programme through the Commission’s electronic data exchange system. This was accompanied by a revised Cooperation Programme, whereby Romania proposed to reallocate funds between different Priority Axis and Investment priorities.
The request for amendment was duly justified and provides a set of technical measures implemented to respond effectively to the needs of stakeholders, thereby optimizing the Cooperation Programme and contributing to the Union strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The modification of the Cooperation Programme concerns reallocation of funds between Priority Axis and, consequently, appropriate adjustment of the relevant indicators. Following the reallocation, ERDF support per Axis is modified as follows:
- Priority Axis 1 “Joint protection and efficient use of common values and resources (Cooperating on common values and resources)” increases by EUR 1,840,098;
- Priority Axis 2 “Improve sustainable cross-border mobility and remove bottlenecks (Cooperating on accessibility)” decreases by EUR 12,478,003;
- Priority Axis 3 “Improve employment and promote cross-border labour mobility (Cooperating on employment)” decreases by EUR 2,632,463;
- Priority Axis 4 “Improving health-care services (Cooperating on health-care and prevention)” increases by EUR 10,364,068;
- Priority axis 5 “Improve risk prevention and disaster management (Cooperating on risk prevention and disaster management)” increases by EUR 2,906,300.