On Monday, June 14, 2021, the Programming Committee (PC) of the Interreg Programme between Romania and Hungary, for the period 2021-2027 approved the selection of the Policy Objectives (PO) and relevant Interreg Specific Objective (ISO) to be financed in the next programming period.
The decision has been taken based on the scenarios proposed by the programming experts. The Programme strategy and intervention logics and the Interreg Programme related sections were built upon the main conclusions resulting from the approved Territorial Analysis, enriched with the valuable qualitative inputs of the relevant stakeholders, following the Territorial Impact Analysis workshops in April, and revised after the PC preparatory meeting on June 8th.
Following fruitful and constructive discussions at the meeting, the PC members decided to finance:
PO 2 – A greener cross-border area, through the following specific objectives:
- Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and disaster resilience (RSO 2.4);
- Promoting renewable energy (RSO 2.2);
- Enhancing nature protection and biodiversity, green infrastructure in particular in the urban environment, and reducing pollution (RSO 2.7).
PO 4 – A more social cross-border area, through the following specific objectives:
- Ensuring equal access to health care through developing infrastructure, including primary care (RSO 4.4);
- Enhancing the role of culture and sustainable tourism in economic development, social inclusion and social innovation (RSO 4.5).
ISO 1 – A better cooperation governance, through the following specific objectives:
- Enhancing efficient public administration by promoting legal and administrative cooperation and cooperation between citizens, civil society actors and institutions, in particular, with a view to resolving legal and other obstacles in border regions (ii);
- Enhancing the Institutional capacity of public authorities, in particular those mandated to manage a specific territory, and of stakeholders (i);
- Build up mutual trust, in particular by encouraging people-to-people actions (iii).
The decision to approve the Programme strategy and intervention logics has been taken by consensus. The Interreg Programme document – sections 1.1 – Programme area, 1.2 – Joint Programme Strategy and 1.3 – Justification for selection of POs (including the related specific objectives) – has been also approved (see the Documents after the 2nd PC meeting -14.06.2021).
As next steps, for the further development of the Programme, Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) procedure will be launched, a survey among potential beneficiaries will be conducted to develop the Programme performance framework and other programming related documents will be elaborated/finalized.